Updates the specified animation.
By default this action alone is enough to do a simple animation
playback, it plays the default animation at its default playback speed.
This action applies to all entities which expose the iAnimationMixer
interface. This is notably the case of the Character
- AnimName: Name of the animation targeted.
- AnimBlendTime: If non-zero indicates the time it will take for
the animation to fade in and the previous animation played on the
channel to fade out.
- AnimBlendChannel: The name of the animation channel. Each
animation channel is always playing a single animation. When
starting an animation and another is already playing on the channel
the old animation is faded out and the new animation faded in during
- AnimSpeed: If non-zero will set the speed of the targeted
animation when the action starts.
- AnimLoop: If checked the animation loops once its played to its
- AnimSetTime: If checked the animation's current time follows
precisely the action's time block current time. This is usefull to
precisely synchronize an animation with an event occurring in a
- AnimResetTimeOnStart: If checked the animation's current time is
reset to its start time when the action starts ; else the update can
be considered "incremental".
- AnimStartTime: The starting time of the animation, if not set
the animation's default start time is used.
- AnimEndTime: The end time of the animation, if not set the
animation's default end time is used.
AnimStartTime and AnimEndTime are usefull to crop animation
sequences out of big animations. This happens for example if you have
exported your walk and run animations in a single animation file ; you
can set the start/end time to frame the walk or run portion of your